Manners
文明有礼,谦谦君子
Good manners are universal and translate beyond language barriers. They are free to use and can bring you unexpected dividends.
文明礼貌,跨越地域,跨越语言,自如的使用将为你带来意外的惊喜。
What are manners?
什么是文明礼貌
It can be described as the acute awareness of the feelings of others, the ability to live with others in peace. It finds its roots in one’s love for family and neighbours.
什么是文明礼貌?礼貌其实是对他人需求的敏锐的觉知力,还是与人和平共处的能力,归根结底是人对家人和身边人的仁爱之心。
What do you think of when you hear the word “manners”?
当你听到文明礼貌这个词的时候你会想到什么?
Being polite.
要有礼貌。
Julie
Being good .
要乖。
Issac
Listening to the teacher.
要听老师的话。
Olivia
Being polite and helpful.
要有礼貌,乐于助人。
Mikayla
Manners in our family life
家庭生活中的礼貌
A family can be described as a machine with many parts working closely to each other. Lubrication of these parts is vital to sustain longevity. Learning how to be helpful, polite and courteous is like the lubrication. “Thank-you”, “Please”, “I’m sorry” are small words that avoid friction and when used daily in the home are naturally carried outside and used when mingling with society.
一个家庭好比一台机器,需要各个零部件密切配合才能有效运转,润滑剂则是机器长寿的秘诀。礼貌,就是家庭生活的润滑剂,乐于助人、彬彬有礼让我们的生活更美好。“谢谢”,“请”,“对不起”虽然是不起眼的话语,却能有效地避免家人之间的小摩擦。如果孩子们习惯了每天在家里使用礼貌用语,他们会自然而然地把这些语言带到与他人的社会交往中,那么在外能让他们更好地融入社会。
Children learn by imitating the examples of those closest to them. So a fundamental way for parents and caregivers to instill good manners in their children is to be well-mannered themselves.
孩子们都是通过模仿最亲近的人的行为来学习的。所以,如果想培养孩子的礼貌行为和习惯,最根本的方式是父母和带养人以身作则,行为示范,也就是说陪伴孩子成长的成人首先需要有良好的礼貌习惯和行为。
At times it is thought that within the tight bonds of family, saying “please” and “thank-you” is not necessary but rather implied without being uttered vocally. However, this leaves a problem for the education of children. Children are not able to understand this custom and if it is not practiced at home then when they leave the house to mingle with society, they will be unlikely to remember their “manners”.
很多时候我们都觉得家人之间没有必要把“请”和“谢谢”挂在嘴边,以为“心照不宣”就可以了。孩子的教养因此出现了问题。孩子在家庭生活中缺乏亲身体验,不理解礼仪的重要性,当他们走出家庭,参与社交活动时,“文明行为”不太可能成为他们的自觉行为。
In addition to being a good role model, in what other ways can parents and caregivers work to instill good manners? Following are some suggestions and activities already being used by educators world wide.
除了给孩子树立一个好榜样之外,父母和带养人还能通过哪些方式培育孩子的文明礼貌呢?以下的一些建议和活动是对全世界教育工作者来说都是比较有效的方法,在这里与大家一起分享。
How do your parents teach you about manners?
关于文明礼貌爸爸妈妈在家是怎么教你的?
Mum and dad say to be polite and be good.
爸爸妈妈说要有礼貌,要乖。
Elizabeth
Mum says,“don’t hit your sister”.
妈妈说不能打妹妹。
Julie
Sing songs as reminders
唱歌来提醒自己
Singing opens our minds and hearts. Singing one or more of these songs with your children is a fun way to instill manners.
唱歌可以打开我们的心扉。跟你的孩子一起唱一首或者多首这样的歌曲,是一种灌输文明礼貌意识的有趣方法。
Read books together
和孩子一起读书
Reading together opens the door to discussions. Encourage children to talk about the pictures or the story. Ask questions about what happens to those who do and don’t use manners. Perhaps even act the book out with your children taking turns to be different characters.
和孩子一起读书可以打开与他们沟通交流的大门。要鼓励孩子们讨论看到的图片和读到的故事。针对故事中分别发生在有礼貌和没礼貌的人身上的事情向孩子提问。你也可以跟孩子们轮流扮演不同的角色来把读过的书表演出来。
Even our Nursery children have recently been involved with learning to say “Please” and “Thank-you” using a story they read in class a short while ago. The story was brought to life by the teachers acting it out on stage.
就连我们托班的小朋友最近也通过课堂上读到的一个故事开始学习说“请”和“谢谢”, 后来老师们在舞台上表演了这个故事,使它变得更加生动。
When writing stories and completing worksheets
写故事完成记录表
Worksheets are very helpful for older children to clearly understand when and how to use manners. Some of our Year 1 students recently completed worksheets focused upon being polite.
记录表帮助大孩子清晰地理解什么时候该使用文明礼貌。一些大班的孩子完成了关于礼貌的记录表。
Play games that require turn-taking
一些需要轮流玩的游戏
The art of patience and waiting for your turn can be taught in fun ways. For example, playing board or card games.
可以通过有趣的方式来教会孩子耐心的艺术,学习等待轮到自己,比如棋盘或者纸牌游戏。
When children are eager to enjoy an activity, even Nursery children can with encouragement wait patiently for their turn, displaying good manners.
当孩子们渴望从一项活动中得到快乐的时候,即使是托班的小朋友也可以在鼓励下耐心等待轮到他们自己的参与,表现出良好的礼貌态度。
How do you feel when others cut the line in front of you?
有人在你前面插队的时候你有什么感觉?
I want to yell out , “stop! Get in line.”
我想大声喊,“不要插队,请排队!”
Karson
I feel sad.
我会觉得很难过。
Leo
Look to others
看看其他人
(Alicia is holding the gate for her classmates)
Alicia 为班上同学挡住阳台的栅栏门
Every day all around us there are examples we can look too, both good and bad. When out and about in public, point out these events of good manners and bad manners and start a conversation with your children.
在公共场合出出进进的时候,观察文明行为和不文明行为。
(Jasper helping Evie with her jacket)
Jasper 帮助Evie穿外套
(William holding the gate for his fellow students)
William为后面伙伴挡住门
We had an opportunity to interview some of the Year 1 students to hear their feedback.
我们有机会采访了大班的孩子,听听他们的看法
What happens when you forget to display good manners?
当你忘记表现礼貌的时候会发生什么情况?
I get time out and others then think that I don’t have any manners.
我被记时隔离,其他人觉得我一点礼貌都没有。
Karson
I get time out and I’m not allowed to play downstairs.
我被记时隔离,不能去楼下玩。
Jasper
Others will think that I am rude.
别人觉得我很粗鲁。
Isaac
Others are then not polite to me either.
那时候别人对我也不礼貌。
Brandon
What are the benefits of displaying good manners?
表现出良好的礼貌态度有什么好处?
When we interviewed our panel of Year 1 students, we asked them if they felt that manners were important. Together in unison they cried out “YES”.
当我们采访大班的哥哥姐姐时,问他们是否认为文明礼貌很重要时,他们异口同声地回答,“是的”。
In conclusion we asked them “Why”?
最后,我们问他们为什么?
Why are good manners important?
为什么文明礼貌很重要?
Because it’s a good thing to do and being helpful is polite, so I feel happy.
因为这样做很好,而且乐于助人是有礼貌的,我觉得很开心。
Mikayla
It is good if you have good manners.
有礼貌是好的。
Olivia
Others will tell you that you are a good boy.
别人会说你是个好孩子。
Isaac
When I help others my friends will help me back.
我帮助别人,我的朋友也帮助我。
Julie
My mummy and daddy will be so happy.
我的爸爸妈妈会很开心。
Jasper
When we are polite and others are not polite, mum and dad get upset at others. They think everyone should be polite.
我们有礼貌而别人没礼貌的时候,我爸爸妈妈会生气。他们觉得每个人都应该有礼貌。
Elizabeth
I feel so so happy when I’m polite.
我有礼貌的时候会觉得很高兴。
Arthur
Children will feel a sense of self respect and joy when they are able to be polite and well mannered. Displaying good manners is a fundamental tool to help develop our children’s characters.
当孩子们能表现得彬彬有礼时,他们会感受到自尊和快乐。“以身作则、行为示范”是我们培养孩子良好行为品德的基础工具。
Edit/Pengxiaochun
Article&Video&Photo/
International Divison
(Hongqiao Campus)
编辑/彭筱纯
图文&视频/虹桥国际部
文章转载自公众号:宋庆龄幼儿园